Modern dental treatments have become very sophisticated. Dentists can correct almost all kinds of damage and ensure you have the perfect smile. Some of the most common dental treatments include Invisalign and dental crowns. At Rice Dentistry, our dentist has helped patients with all kinds of dental problems, including misalignment and tooth damage. We know how to administer both of these treatments effectively.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a treatment designed to straighten teeth and ensure they are aligned well. This treatment involves a series of clear plastic trays that gradually move the teeth into the desired position. Invisalign treatments last for around 12 months and can involve anywhere between 5 to unlimited trays based on the patient’s requirements.
Invisalign won’t correct severe overbites or underbites. It can’t exert as much sustained pressure on the tooth as metal braces can. However, this treatment is ideal for minor misalignments.
What are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are designed to replace and reinforce damaged teeth. They look like natural teeth and are made from resilient materials like ceramic, gold, silver, or composites. Patients can get full or partial crowns based on the level of damage to their teeth.
Dental crowns require an intact root or an implant to stay in place. If the root is too damaged, our dentist will remove it; they will place an implant on the site, and the crown over it. Once the crown in securely in place, it can last for anywhere between 5 and 15 years.
Invisalign is a customized treatment and involves several visits to the dentist’s office. If you follow the dentist’s instruction carefully, your teeth will be straight and perfectly aligned. Here’s a brief look at the entire process:
- Our dentist will first examine your teeth to determine if Invisalign is the right treatment for you. If your teeth are severely misaligned, this option might not be very effective.
- If the dentist considers you a good candidate for Invisalign, they will take a comprehensive 3D scan of your mouth. The scanner will take multiple pictures of your teeth and create a full 3D replica of your teeth in the software.
- The dentist will then order a series of aligners based on the measurements provided by the scans. These aligners are of different sizes and designed to gently guide your teeth into the right positions.
- Our dentist will fit the aligners in place and explain how you can remove them, wear them, and replace them. They will also provide instructions on how to maintain the aligners and ensure there’s no tooth damage.
After this process, the patients are in control of their aligners. They need to switch trays on the right schedule and wear the aligners for the required period of time. The more careful the patients are, the most successful their treatment is.
Dental Crowns Implant Process
Dental crowns can be used in a number of different ways depending on the condition of the patient’s teeth. The dentist will first examine your damaged tooth carefully to determine whether it will benefit from a crown. Once the assessment is complete, they will start the treatment.
- The first step is to prepare the tooth. The dentist will have to remove some dental enamel to make room for the crown if the root is intact.
- Our dentist will then take a comprehensive scan. This scan will help us create a customized crown at a later date.
- They will use the measurements from the scan to create a crown that fits your tooth perfectly. This can be done in-house with the help of CEREC technology.
- Once the crown is ready, the dentist will prepare the tooth and place the crown on it.
The procedure is slightly different in the case of implants or fully damaged teeth. Once the crown is in place, it can last for several years and won’t compromise your lifestyle.
If you want to know more Invisalign or dental crowns, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Rice Dentistry today! Our experienced doctors will help you with the process.