Cosmetic dentist, Dr. Taylor Rice, an Irvine native, proudly graduated from the University Of The Pacific School of Dentistry in San Francisco, one of the top dental schools in the country. Despite the fact that UOP has an extremely rigorous three-year program he chose UOP because of its emphasis on excellence and its highly acclaimed program in dentistry.
Dr. Taylor Rice’s accomplishments while in dental school include becoming certified in Invisalign® Orthodontic treatment. In the field of dentistry, it is required that every dentist complete 20 hours of Continued Education every two years, however, Dr. Taylor Rice has completed over 500 hours of Continued Education, including advanced coursework at the prestigious Kois Center. His commitment to excel in his field by continuing his education is one of the many reasons patients trust him.
His successful treatment of orthodontic and cosmetic cases caused members of the Crown Council, a prestigious alliance of leading-edge dentists around the world, to nominate Dr. Taylor Rice for “Young Dentist of the Year” The Crown Council membership is recognized in the dental profession as dentists who are strongly committed to promoting oral health, fighting oral cancer, and serving their communities through charitable work. Membership is by invitation only. These industry leaders in health, wellness, and prevention offer the latest dental procedures in state-of-the-art facilities. This exceptional recognition for Dr. Taylor Rice was an acknowledgment of his talent, skills and knowledge in the field of dentistry.
In addition to the Crown Council honor, Dr. Taylor Rice was also awarded a gift of a small group education experience with Dr. David Hornbrook, a recognized leader in the field of dentistry. Dr. Rice trained under Dr. Hornbrook over multiple hands-on courses and participated in creating dental smile makeovers for individuals that are unable to afford proper dental care. Dr. Rice chose a patient who may not have been able to afford the dental treatment that was needed. In so doing, he continues the legacy of the Crown Council ideals.
In September of 2015, Dr. Rice and his wife, Amy, traveled down to the Dominican Republic on a dental service humanitarian trip with the Crown Council charity called Smiles for Hope. Each day they set up their mobile clinic in remote villages, sometimes outside under a tarp, and saw patients from morning until night. They were able to serve individuals who have never received dental care in any capacity throughout their life. This was an incredibly humbling experience that really helped to bring into focus the reason Dr. Rice chose dentistry as a profession, which is to help others in a capacity they could otherwise not perform themselves.
Some of his post-doctoral education includes:
- Certification in Digital Smile Design
- Certification in Oral Sedation Dentistry
- Certification in Invisalign Orthodontics
- Certification in Bioclear Cosmetic Treatment
- Certification in Advanced Endodontics
- Certification in Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Comprehensive Orthodontic Continuum
- Total Patient Service Institute
- Cosmetic Smile Transformation Series
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Training:
- Advanced Education Symposium
- Annual Scientific Session
- Kois Center Training:
- Treatment Planning I: Diagnostically Driven
- Functional Occlusion I: Science Driven Management
- Restorative/Periodontal Interface
- Biomechanics I: Fundamentals for Cohesively and Adhesively Retained Restorations
- Biomechanics II: Impressioning, Provisionals and Foundation Restorations
- Implants: Fixed Retained
- Implants: Removable Retained
- Functional Occlusion II: Complex Restorative Management